[CentOS] centos 5.5 on optiplex 745

Janez Kosmrlj postnalista at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 29 09:59:23 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Dicker, Edwin <EDicker at illumina.com>wrote:

> This is an issue with the graphics, it gets initialized in the wrong way
> ( driver ) The installer does not recognize the correct video chip
> during install.
> If you boot the system in runlevel 3 and then change the driver to i810
> in the device section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf :
>
> Section "Device"
>        Identifier  "Videocard0"
>        Driver      "i810"
> EndSection
>
> Good luck,
> Edwin

I tried both things. The bios update and the i810 driver and nothing worked.

After the bios update the vesa driver seems a bit more stable, but still not
100%.

And with the i810 driver it doesnt work at all. When X starts the screen
starts to blink and does this forever (it didn't stop after 15 minutes, i
didn't wait longer). When i looked at the Xorg log it says that the i810
driver is not the correct one for this chipset and that i should use the
"intel" driver instead.

Janez