[CentOS] CentOS MD RAID 1 on Openfiler iSCSI

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 12:18:32 UTC 2010

On 6/29/10, Chan Chung Hang Christopher
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> gluster don't care about underlying filesystem...it don't support acl
> yet for a reason

Could you elaborate on that? Although at the moment I don't appear to
have a need for ACL on the storage, it is always good to be aware of
any potential pitfalls.

>> I think I might be overcomplicating things here.
>>
>> Reading up more on gluster, it seems that I could simply put a gluster
>> client on the application server, mount a volume mirrored on from two
>> gluster servers and let gluster handle the failover transparently.
>
> /me nods

Thanks for the confirmation :)

Also just for the benefit of whoever else in the future looking at the archives
Just found this link which seems to confirm that Gluster can be used
to share active/active failover storage to multiple machines by
running it on the machines themselves and gives the steps/command to
do it on cloud VM.

http://rackerhacker.com/2010/05/27/glusterfs-on-the-cheap-with-rackspaces-cloud-servers-or-slicehost/