[CentOS] Remote X connection to CentOS 5.5 using Xming -ac

Tue Jun 15 20:29:24 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 6/15/2010 2:56 PM, Alexander Farber wrote:
>   grep -rw DISPLAY /etc/
>
> doesn't set anything either...
>
> So, when connecting via SSH/PuTTY,
> then the DISPLAy should be set to localhost:10.0 by SSH, correct?

Yes - that's mostly magic done by sshd when the client requests
forwarding.  I think the actual number would depend on what ports were
already in use on the server side.

And I still recommend at least looking at NX/freenx.  It's a painless
windows installer and a yum install on the centos side.  Even if you get
xming working you aren't going to like running it over the internet
much.  Even if you have good bandwidth, the latency makes it slow to
respond.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com