[CentOS] Virtualization as cheap redundancy option?

Mon Jun 28 13:39:01 UTC 2010
Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com>

On 6/28/2010 7:34 AM, Whit Blauvelt wrote:

> If you look on their site, they clearly specify that they do not offer a
> paid support option for VMware Server, that it's community supported only.
> Does that seem like an attitude towards a product they plan to update?

It fits completely with a low-end product they're giving away as a
come-on for their more expensive supported products.  If the come-on
doesn't function, it's not going to win them *any* converts from the
free-as-in-free VM systems.  That seems counterproductive to me, so no,
I don't believe that explains why we haven't seen a bug fix release in 8
months.

If they wish to withdraw all support for it, I'd expect it to just
disappear from their site.