[CentOS] Virtual Machine Path Issue

gene.poole at macys.com

Tue Mar 2 17:34:36 UTC 2010

All,

I'm running CentOS 5.3 x86_64 and I decided to install VMware Server 2.0.2
and all went without a hitch.

I then created a Virtual Machine and used CentOS 5.4 x86_32 ISO image to
build it.  While I was customizing the built image, I attempted a 'find'
command and received a message that the command could not be found. I
checked root's path statement and found some strange entries (i.e.
/usr/bini).  Once I corrected those entries all seems to be working fine
now. I don't have a physical platform to test the ISO on, so I must remain
in the virtual arena.

How can I tell if this is an error with the ISO or something going crazy
during the VM build?

Thanks,
Gene Poole