[CentOS] SSH Remote Execution - su?

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Wed Mar 3 23:19:26 UTC 2010

Tim Nelson wrote:
> YESS. It prevents the tty error from showing up and asks me for a password
> as expected. BUT, how do I then automate the entering of the password?
>
> John Kennedy mentioned using expect which I've used before but found it to
> be 'finnicky'. I may have to look at it again...
>
> Changing settings such as sudo configuration or ssh config may be daunting
> since I have a large number of systems(150+) that would need to be modified.
> :-/

Just login as root with ssh keys?

If you needed to somehow block brute force cracking attacks against
the root account either globally disable password auth, or it appears
you can use the option "PermitRootLogin without-password" to restrict
remote root logins via SSH to keys only. I haven't tried this option
myself.

nate