[CentOS] SSH Remote Execution - su?

Todd Rinaldo toddr at cpanel.net
Thu Mar 4 17:31:19 UTC 2010

On Mar 4, 2010, at 10:58 AM, Tim Nelson wrote:

> ----- "Les Mikesell" <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What's the problem with key-based ssh directly as root?
>>

> Not a thing, except I'd have to login and update that many systems before I'm able to get any real work done. Maybe I'll use the presented expect scripting (very similar to my test run) to get the appropriate keys installed, then proceed using puppet et all for the rest...
>
> --Tim

perl Net::OpenSSH also would solve this problem. We successfully got it working for our needs.

my ($in, $out, $err, $pid) = $ssh->open3({tty => 1}, $cmd, @args) or die ...

You may get a weird warning message from SSH when using sudo. CPAN RT #52687 documents the reason and how to fix it. If you are interested, let me know and I can give you more details.