[CentOS] upgrading 32-bit installation to 64-bit

fred smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun Mar 7 18:41:57 UTC 2010

Hi!

I've got a 32-bit Centos installed on an AMD Phenom II X2 processor and
I'm interested ni making it 64 bit instead. But I'd sure like to avoid
having to go back thru the whole installation again... in part because
I've got sotware RAID set up and I'm assuming that I can't do a fresh
install into it without having to re-configure the whole thing.

So, is it possible (and practical) to upgrade a 32 bit system to 64?

Thanks!

 .----    Fred Smith   /
 /    /  /   /__) /  /  /__) .+'           Home: fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us