[CentOS] is it possible to recover LVM drive from accidental Fdisk? [SOLVED]

Rudi Ahlers

rudiahlers at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 19:09:53 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 8:50 AM, nate <centos at linuxpowered.net> wrote:

> re-create the original partition table, which is just a map, as long
> as you haven't formatted or overwritten data everything should still
> be there
>
> Also suggest if your not already doing it set your LVm partitons to
> type 8e so it's obvious they are LVM
>
> [root at dc1-mysql001b:~]# fdisk -l /dev/sdc
>
> Disk /dev/sdc: 2197.9 GB, 2197949513728 bytes
> 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 267218 cylinders
> Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
>
>   Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
> /dev/sdc1               1      267218  2146428553+  8e  Linux LVM
>

> nate

Thanx Nate, I didn't know if this could damage the data or not, but it seems
that I could get the data of the HDD :)

The partitions (there's 4 of them) was still mounted on the sever ( I didn't
even think to check this before I sent-off this email) and I could recover
the data through the mounts.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers