[CentOS] Burning data cd in CentOS?

hadi motamedi motamedi24 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 09:39:58 UTC 2010

  cdrecord needs a .ISO file as its input.  you can use mkisofs to create
> one fromm file(s), its a fairly complex command with a LOT of options,
> but at its simplest, creating a simple RockRidge CD-ROM,
>
>    mkisofs -o mycd.iso -r dir-with-files
>
> the specified dir will become the root of the CD.  then you can use
> cdrecord to burn mycd.iso ...  see the respective man pages for more
> options.

Thank you for your help . To this end , I am now able to burn my pdf file
onto data cd on my CentOS . I tried to install Adobe on my CentOS , as the
following :
#yum install AdobeReader_enu
But it didn't get through. Can you please let me know how I can have it so I
no longer need to open the pdf files on my MS Windows client?