[CentOS] Google Summer of Code

R P Herrold herrold at centos.org
Mon Mar 15 01:07:37 UTC 2010

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010, Linux Rockz wrote:

> Last was a last second rush to get GSOC for CentOS going.
> At this juncture, the CentOS admins/devs need to have a serious
> discussion on the GSOC topic before throwing the hat into the ring this
> year.

umm -- well, no, not true, actually ... and frenkly I dont see
that a person speaking behind a mask should be given too much
creedence, anyway

A competent submission was presented in a timely fashion, but
it is not clear to me that the project's needs were really a
good fit for what google's judging criteria turned out to be
for last year, as I review the matter

The 'Application', and 'Projects' from last year need only
minor updating; the time line changes are pretty easy to
drill into the existing doco

-- Russ herrold