[CentOS] cron.hourly runs twice

Michael Schumacher michael.schumacher at pamas.de
Wed Mar 17 07:46:09 UTC 2010

Timothy,

On Tuesday, March 16, 2010 you wrote:

> Mar 16 14:01:01 helen crond[27833]: (root) CMD (run-parts /etc/cron.hourly)
> Mar 16 14:01:01 helen crond[27834]: (root) CMD (run-parts /etc/cron.hourly)

> I just wonder if anyone has come across this curiosity?
> Or can suggest any possible cause.

Did you edit one of the jobs? Some Editors (joe) create a file with an
"~" at the end as a backup. If you edit one of your cronjob-scripts
in /etc/cron.hourly/ , you may create a second file that will be run
by cron too.
This happened here some time ago and it took some time to figure out
the reason.

best regards
---
Michael Schumacher
PAMAS Partikelmess- und Analysesysteme GmbH
Dieselstr.10, D-71277 Rutesheim
Tel +49-7152-99630
Fax +49-7152-996333
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Schreck