[CentOS] Network tuning for working with very old Solaris

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 12:51:06 UTC 2010

> FWIW, I *never* liked 3Com adapters, I never understood why they were so
> popular with the PC crowd.

My fiddling with PC networking goes as far back as '98 and Novell
Netware 3.13/4.0. Back then I recall a lot of Netware folks telling my
to buy nothing but 3Com as their networking gear was supposedly rock
solid. Until Intel started releasing the Pro/100 & Pro/1000 series,
3Coms were pretty much all you found in my gear.

Also helps that Linux drivers worked 'out of the box' in earlier
versions (pre-6.0) of RH. ;-)

--
Drew

--Marie Curie