[CentOS] Disable specific LUN on a SCSI bus

Lorenzo Quatrini lorenzo.quatrini at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 15:10:03 UTC 2010

2010/3/30 nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>:
> Lorenzo Quatrini wrote:
>> This is what I'm doing right now; but I was searching for a way of
>> doing it earlier on startup.
>> I'm playing with a non partitionable DS4300 FC, and I would like to
>> avoid LUN contention.
>
> Since it appears to be a SAN of sorts, another option may be to
> use the blacklist setting for dm-multipath, or if it's a fiber
> attached system you may be able to mask it at the controller
> itself using the vendor tools for the controller.

I wish I could understand better IBM's tools... but as far I know I
miss a (costly) option to be able to configure the whole thing from
the controller.
This is what I'm doing right now: using /proc/scsi/scsi to disable
some luns and multipath to control which host sees what partition, but
I was looking for a way to disable earlier during the boot the luns.
Thank you again for your help
Ciao
Lorenzo