[CentOS] C5 XEN domain not startable

Dave Stevens

geek at uniserve.com
Wed Mar 31 20:18:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a Centos 5 box with dom0 and several domUs and one of them is
not runnable. I ran updates several days ago and the update included a
kernel update so I used virt-manager to reboot. But it won't book. It
shows as not running and when I try to run it I get a dialog box with
this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 498, in
run_domain
     vm.startup()
   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 573, in startup
     self.vm.create()
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 287, in create
     if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainCreate() failed', dom=self)
libvirtError: Unknown failure

I don't know what to do about this. Anyone have ideas?

Dave

--
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
   Krishnamurti