[CentOS] How to schedule for a repeated task?

hadi motamedi motamedi24 at gmail.com
Sun May 2 04:56:10 UTC 2010

As others have already pointed out, this can be done with a simple
> bash script, even if you do use telnet.  I'd suggest getting a good
> bash reference and learning it, or perl for a more robust interface.
>
> Thank you for your reply. From your first message regarding using expect to
do the job , I tried to get more familiar with expect so I sent you my first
expect script to see if I have correctly understood it. Actually, my
intended expect script must be something like the followings :
#for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
do
/usr/bin/expect
>set name 172.16.17.160
>set cmd1 "command1"
>set cmd2 "logout"
>spawn telnet $name
>send "$cmd1"
>send "$cmd2"
>exit
sleep 500
done
I want to capture the output of issuing the 'command1' on the remote node
into a text file , and also append the subsequent outputs into just one
file. As you see, the remote node accepts anonymous login so no need to
supply user id & pwd. I just need to issue the 'command1' on it and capture
the output and then wait for a prescribed time interval and then redo from
the start. Please correct me on any mis-understanding.