[CentOS] Upgrading to 2.6.32

maillists0 at gmail.com maillists0 at gmail.com
Sun May 2 18:45:41 UTC 2010

>libtool, libudev, mcelog, nash,udev,usbutils and hal also have to be
updated to get the whole thing working...

That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks.

dag, thanks for the article. I'm tempted to rebuild a 2.6.18 kernel without
the patches that disable fs-cache. It's hard to tell if Redhat abandoned it
because it was unstable or because it was too much trouble to maintain
something they thought might never make the mainline kernel.

I also see now that even the 2.6.32 kernel has to be patched to allow export
of an already mounted nfs share, which is what I'd hoped to do. This project
is even more ambitious than I first thought.

A caching NFS proxy looks entirely doable with NFS4, fs-cache and
cachefilesd, and I see on the web that others have thought of it but I
haven't found an example of an actual implementation. Delegation and
referrals seem perfect if the workload is mostly reads, and you'd even have
a persistent cache. The question is why hasn't someone put it all together
in a package or distribution? This would be highly useful for me, and I
suspect a lot of other people would also use it.