[CentOS] Broken upgrade to memcached

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Mon May 3 14:38:36 UTC 2010

Am Montag, den 03.05.2010, 16:20 +0200 schrieb m.roth at 5-cent.us:
> Chris wrote:
> > Am Montag, den 03.05.2010, 16:07 +0200 schrieb m.roth at 5-cent.us:
> >> Yum checkupdate tells me I should update memcached, that the x86_64
> >> 1.4.5-1.el5 needs an update, I go to do that, and it complains that it's
> >> missing a dependency of libevent-1.4.so.2 (this is all 64 bit, CentOS
> >> 5.4).
> >>
> >> Clues... or is this actually broken?
> >>
> > Check out this one
> > http://lists.rpmforge.net/pipermail/suggest/2010-April/001380.html
> >
> > So you propably will need CentOS 5.5 for this memcached update.
>
> Ah, but since the box is running 5.4, it seems as though something's
> broken, and yum check-update should not tell me that it's ready to update
> memcached.x86_64 1.4.5-1.el5 from epel. Seems broken to me.
>
>         mark

This is a long story iirc dag had quite an argument with the yum
developers about that. Some people say yum is broken others say the repo
is broken. Its a matter of opinons. You propably want --skip-broken.

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach