[CentOS] Installing a CentOS based distro with Raid driver - Citrix XenServer

Georghy fusco at wanagain.net
Tue May 4 15:48:08 UTC 2010

Drew a écrit :
>> thanks for answering, but it seemed it is quite difficult to know if a
>> RAID is a Fake or a real HW RAID,
>> my server (ie S5000PAL) is using 1068 or 1064E RAID chipset to allow
>> using RAID, I don't realy know
>> if it is either a good SW or HW RAID but my boss doesn't want me to use
>> Linux RAID instead of the SW RAID
>> provided by the system itself
>>

> I have a pair of 1064's in a server at home and I can confirm they are
> true hardware RAID. They only support RAID 0, 1, or 10 at most though.

I'm using RAID 10 and for my install RAID is detected, but once I reboot
(after the install) the system cannot boot on the OS
it seems that I had to use mkinitrd but I don't know how to use it.
During installation everything is fine and just before reboot, I got to
type some shell command to "tell" the system that he had to use the raid
driver at reboot (there is also a problem that I use an USB key to
instert the driver and it is viewed as /dev/sda then the system detect
the Raid disk and called it /dev/sdb), maybe I had to do something with
that before rebooting with a fresh install of XenServer

--
Cordialement, / Greetings,
Georghy FUSCO