[CentOS] question on sendmail.mc file

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Wed May 5 03:50:54 UTC 2010

Using a trap-all user may seem like a good method to prevent spammers from determining what user accounts are on a system, but will also trap legitimate mail sent to an incorrect address (e.g. via a typo on the username). I would only user a trap-all on an entire domain dedicated to the purpose.

I have always found that there are better methods to decrease spamming (e.g. grey listing, greet pause, mimedefang).

However, if you really need to you coud try

  define(`LUSER_RELAY',`local:someuser at your.domain')

Remember too, that user MUST exist!

Jobst