[CentOS] installing gtkmm

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri May 7 14:33:16 UTC 2010

Steve wrote:
> On May 6, 2010, at 9:20 PM, Ming-ching Chiu wrote:
>
>> Now i have to move the project to CentOS 5.4. I set up rpm forge and
>> installed gtkmm. Turns out that the package on rpmforge is too old that
>> my project doesn't compile. I wonder if there is other way to get newer
>> version of gtkmm and all its dependencies instead of manually install
>> them?
>
> RPMforge provides a gtkmm package, a gtkmm2 package, and a gtkmm24
> package.  is the gtkmm24 package too old for your project?  if so, what
> version do you require?
<snip>
A side comment here - you *might* also consider who will be using your
project - if it's only you and whoever you're with, fine, but if anyone
else is going to use it, perhaps you should look at whether you actually
*need* the functions in the newer releases, and make it so it compiles
with the older stuff... so that folks who haven't, or are not allowed to
pull non-release stuff (that is, they're only allowed what yum from the
std. repositories), can use it.

        mark