[CentOS] measuring kernel speed

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Mon May 10 15:45:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 11:17 -0400, Brunner, Brian T. wrote:

> [...]
---
Yes I can say there is nothing wrong with Akemis.  I have ran them.
They did not explode.  The ones I have built have not exploded either
and the only down time is for reboots and hardware firmware updates on
the servers.

I can positively say I have had no probs on Dell and IBM even my own
desktop and various HP desktops.

Kmods are a no go at present so forget those.

They run very suprisingly and responsive under heavy cpu and memory
bound tasks.  Even when the interrupt service is off and done manually
is really when the performance come in and assigning single task per
cpu.  It's no kernel unless it's on a smp machine.

All testing and running has been under CentOS 5.4s current gcc building.

John