[CentOS] clients obtaining dhcp addys slowly

aurfalien at gmail.com aurfalien at gmail.com
Tue May 11 16:16:02 UTC 2010

On May 11, 2010, at 12:09 PM, nate wrote:

> aurfalien at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is unusual for me to observe.
>>
>> I've a dhcp server running on Centos 5.3 and it takes a while to
>> answer clients asking for an address.
>
> You happen to be running STP at the edge switch ports? If so then
> disable it.
>
> nate

Funny you mention that, i was just about to disable that.

Just a note, the only thing thats changed is my switch, I was using a
Foundry and everything ran fine, now I'm using some POS DLINK (it
actually ran some poor fool $1,400).

I don't really have a choice with the DLINK for now had to invest $
elsewhere.