[CentOS] your session only lasted less than 10 seconds error

Kenneth Wolcott kennethwolcott at gmail.com
Wed May 12 21:11:16 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 13:53, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/12/2010 3:45 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>
>> You forgot the fifth assumption, that they're too lazy to read man pages,
>> howtos, or even google for the answer to their problem, and just expect to
>> dump it on us, as though we're tech support from their school, or ISP, or
>> corporate - that is, *PAID* support, and we'll solve the problem for them
>> and give them the step-by-step, or, better, hand them a script that will
>> Fix It All.
>
> Or sixth, that they had an expected problem and thought they might find
> friendly advice here from people familiar with the system.

Well, what he did describe was better than "Help me NOW!" or "Help me please".

When someone asks for help they should provide at least two things:
1. The situation;
2. What I tried;

Both of those need to be in English.  Not text-ese.

These should be the minimum requirements to get free help.

IMNSHO,
Ken Wolcott