[CentOS] upgrading to a minor release 4.1 to 4.2

sheraz naz

sheraznaz at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 04:37:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

I need to upgrade a system running 4.1 to 4.2, but before I do I want to list out all the packages that will be updated/installed/removed. I can run up2date -l to get a list of updates but does that show packages that need to be installed and removed as well or just the updates?

Second, how would I go about upgrading 4.1 to 4.2 instead of 4.8 (i.e. latest update).

Unfortunately I don't have access to centos 4.x at the moment.and googling just centos 4.1 to 4.2 is not bringing up relevant information.

Thanks
Sheraz