[CentOS] route question

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Fri May 14 21:11:36 UTC 2010

> 74.X is eth1 24.X is eth2 and 192.X is eth0
> I have iptable rules for 24.X:25 to goto 192.X:25 and port 80 also.
> This works
> I have iptable ruls for 74.X:25 to goto 192.X:25 and port 80 also. This
> does not work.
>
> the default route is set for 24.X network and it seems like that is why
> that network is working.
> If I change the default route to 74.X then the 74.X network works and
> the 24.X network stops working.

This sounds more like a destination NAT issue then a routing issue.

If I'm correct you have a server behind eth0 that handles traffic
forwarded to it from either eth1 or eth2. So if someone types in the
IP address of eth2 (or eth1) in their browser they'll get your server
behind eth0. Am I correct?

If so, what you want to look at is something called "destination NAT"
or "port forwarding."

--
Drew

--Marie Curie