[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS-5.5 i386 and x86_64

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Sat May 15 18:03:27 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does that mean they are probably caught up now, or is there some way to tell?

Don't know about that, but I got this:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/updates/x86_64/RPMS/xorg-x11-server-Xvfb-1.1.1-48.76.el5_5.1.x86_64.rpm:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found

when I ran the update the first three times.  I have fastest mirrors
installed, but when it tries "other" mirror, this still doesn't get
downloaded.

I disabled the fastestmirror plugin, and got errors on this one:

 tetex                       x86_64 3.0-33.8.el5_5.5            updates   8.7 M

It took me three times running yum to get this loaded.

However, it seems that all the packages are now installing, so problem
worked around.  Perhaps a mirror check would be helpful, or it could
just be me.

mhr