[CentOS] Update successful. Thanks.

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Sat May 15 22:09:49 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 12:49 PM, E Westphal <enwestph at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> Ditto here as well. All 133 packages updated without a problem. When
> re-booting, got a 'warning' that kdump had to rebuild. Once that completed,
> everything seems as it was before. Yes, things do seem a little 'snappier' -
> maybe it's only a delusion brought about by wishful thinking - I like it
> when it happens though.

As I posted earlier, after a few apparent glitches during the package
retrieval process, everything seemed to go well.

I noted that when dkms was installed, it choked on my nvidia driver
and fuse-ntfs-3, but they're both in the weak-updates as links to the
older versions that ran with 2.6.18-164.15.1, and I'm pretty sure the
nvidia driver is running (shows in lsmod).

I just hooked up one of my older laptop Windows disks, and it seems to
work just fine, too, so I think that means all is well.

THANK YOU, CENTOS TEAM!

mhr