[CentOS] update to 5.5 small issues

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Sun May 16 05:01:02 UTC 2010

On 05/15/2010 11:23 PM, fred smith wrote:
> a couple hours after the update (and requisite reboot and reinstallation
> of nvidia proprietary driver), I noticed I wasn't gettting any email.
> upon a little investigation, I noted that the update had replaced my
> custom sendmail.cf with its own. I don't recall updates to sendmail
> doing that previously,....

Sounds like you installed a sendmail.cf that was not generated from
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc and left the original sendmail.mc unmodified.
The rpm updated the unmodified sendmail.mc configuration file.  The
startup script for sendmail then saw an apparently out-of-date
sendmail.mc and rebuilt it from the new sendmail.cf.

                 Do NOT delete it.