[CentOS] update to 5.5 small issues

James A. Peltier jpeltier at fas.sfu.ca
Sun May 16 07:55:49 UTC 2010

On Sun, 16 May 2010, fred smith wrote:

> a couple hours after the update (and requisite reboot and reinstallation
> of nvidia proprietary driver), I noticed I wasn't gettting any email.
> upon a little investigation, I noted that the update had replaced my
> custom sendmail.cf with its own. I don't recall updates to sendmail
> doing that previously,....

This did not happen for me and I just completed updating around 500 hosts.
Each time it created a sendmail.file.rpmnew

--
James A. Peltier
Systems Analyst (FASNet), VIVARIUM Technical Director
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.fas.sfu.ca | http://vivarium.cs.sfu.ca
           http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier
MSN     : subatomic_spam at hotmail.com

TEAMWORK
  There's power in numbers.  Learn to work together.