[CentOS] Networking setup/help

Thomas Dukes tdukes at sc.rr.com
Thu May 20 00:42:57 UTC 2010

No, I haven't even heard of it. :-(

I've been with CentOS for a long time. Ran RedHat for a longtime, since
around 2.0, the went to Fedora, got tired of stuff not working, so I
switched to CentOS.

I'm not an IT guy. I have a website that I use it for testing, etc. This is
only about the 3rd 'clean' install I've done since about 1997. I had 5.5
installed as an upgrade until I mucked up an app and tried to restore it
from backup and hosed everything. Now I'm trying to play catch up.

I now have my local network able to connect to the internet. Don't have DNS
setup yet or sendmail. I'm a little afraid to try to restore those files
from my backup as that's what got me in trouble.

I will say, everything is running a lot faster so maybe this wasn't so bad
after all.

Thanks,

Eddie