[CentOS] Odd failure of smbd to start from init.d - CentOS 5.4

Lars Hecking lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 20 14:49:06 UTC 2010

Whit Blauvelt writes:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 10:21:51AM -0400, Ryan Manikowski wrote:
>
> > Have you run 'testparm' to verify the samba configuration does not
> > contain any errors that are preventing the smbd daemon from loading?
>
> I had not. Doesn't seem to tell us anything:

 Increase the debug level for smbd by adding -d N (N = 0 ... 10) to
 SMBDOPTIONS in /etc/sysconfig/samba, restart smbd.

This message and any attachments may contain Cypress (or its
subsidiaries) confidential information. If it has been received
in error, please advise the sender and immediately delete this
message.