[CentOS] SATA hotswap

Jakub Jedelský

jakub.jedelsky at gmail.com
Fri May 21 13:38:44 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I changed a bad disk (automaticly disabled from software raid1 and system
for I/O error) in one of our servers and now have problem with adding new
one to system without reboot. Does anybody have an experience with this? Or
is it possible? :) We're using hotswap AXX6DRV3G for 6 SATA disks from Intel
connected directly to MB (S5520HC from Intel too). There is AHCI as driver
(enabled in bios), no HW raid.
I found, something like that

echo "0 0 0" >/sys/class/scsi_host/host<n>/scan

but it found only sda disk which is already running..
Using CentOS 5.5, x86_64.

Thanks for your ideas and replies ... and excuse my english please :)
--
Jakub Jedelský
e-mail/jabber: jakub.jedelsky at gmail.com
http://dev.stderr.cz