[CentOS] Is every CentOS release supported for 7 years?

Aniruddha mailingdotlist at gmail.com
Sat May 22 19:59:19 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Michael Lampe
<lampe at gcsc.uni-frankfurt.de> wrote:
>> ... I understand now ...
>
> No, you don't.
>
>> is it required to upgrade to each point release in order to continue
>> receiving security updates?
>
> It's strictly linear and one-dimensional.
>
> Point releases only mark a specific point in time, where you get a
> little bit more, e.g. additional drivers, an optional new version of
> samba, etc.
>
> You always type 'yum update' and go ahead. Nothing else.

Please don't quote me out of context. My original sentence was "I
understand now that CentOS  5 and all
5.? versions are supported until 2014." Which is correct.

Ok, I see that you have to run yum update regularly to keep up with
the latest (security) updates.