[CentOS] [WTA] Automatically blocking on failed login

kalinix calin.kalinix.cosma at gmail.com
Mon May 24 19:26:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-24 at 23:55 +0700, David Suhendrik wrote:

> Hello All,
> I had problems with the security server, the server is frequently
> attacked using bruteforce attacks. Is there an application that can
> perform automatic blocking when there are failed login to the ports
> smtp, pop3 port, and others?
>
> I am currently using CentOS 5.5 in some servers
> Thanks in advanced.......
>
> --
> --
> Best regards,
> David
> http://blog.pnyet.web.id

If you want an complete IDS then you could go for OSSEC
(http://www.ossec.net/). You can configure it to scan whatever log file
you like and block the ip that generate an error message in that log
file. While it could be a little overhead to tweak, it can achieve
remarkable results.

Calin

Key fingerprint = 37B8 0DA5 9B2A 8554 FB2B 4145 5DC1 15DD A3EF E857