[CentOS] Unable to execute a script , Permission denied

Jakub Jedelsky jakub.jedelsky at gmail.com
Tue May 25 12:50:50 UTC 2010

On 25.5.2010 14:27, Jatin Davey wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a linux box which has CentOS running in it. I logged into the box
> using root and wrote a script in the /home/proc_threads directory. saved
> the file and quit. I changed the file permissions such that any user
> could execute it using the "chmod 777 filename" command.
>
> When i log out and log in as a non-root user i was not able to execute
> the script though.
>
> Could some one please help in this regard. I am a newbie to linux.
>
> Thanks
> Jatin

Hi,

have another users access to /home/proc_threads directory? :) Don't you
call any functions from script which can be executed only by root..?
Send us the exact error which you get after execute your script as an
user.. If it is a bash script, you can debug it with "-x" option..

Excuse my english :)

Jakub J.