[CentOS] Broken repo / mirrors?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri May 28 15:51:49 UTC 2010

Peter wrote:
> On Friday 28 May 2010, Robert Heller wrote:
>> I fixed my earlier problem with a 'yum clean all', now I am getting this
>> problem:
>>
>> 'Package does not match intended download'
>
> Sounds like the new meta-data you got after your 'yum clean all' was bad
> (ie. does not match the packages on any other mirror). Try pointing yum
> to a trusted mirror and re-run the clean all.

Good thought, to clean metadata, and I tried that, but no joy.

> It could be something else also but the packages you pull down does not
> match the checksums in the meta-data. Less likely reasons for this
> includes an evil proxy, bad RAM, ...

But I get *exactly* the same problem.

>> for both device-mapper and net-snmp-libs, for ALL of the mirrors.  Log
>> of the output is attached.

I looked closer. Both are *new* sub-subreleases, one el5_5.1, and the
other el5_5.2. And I just got, from the RH network, an errata alert on
device-mapper. Wonder if someone(s) got it, and are trying to put this new
fix into place.

        mark