[CentOS] CentOS 5 and seamonkey

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 28 19:21:05 UTC 2010

On 05/28/2010 01:35 PM, MHR informed us:
> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Robert<kerplop at sbcglobal.net>  wrote:
>
>> Has anyone had any success in rebuilding seamonkey 2.0.4 for CentOS 5
>> (32-bit)?  I'm currently running seamonkey-2.0-1 which I rebuilt last
>> November. Sadly, I have no idea where the SRPM originated.
>> I found  seamonkey-2.0.4-1.fc12.src.rpm and
>> seamonkey-2.0.4-1.fc12.src.rpm, downloaded and got to 0th base:
>>

> I'm curious as to why you want to rebuild Seamonkey at all.  You can
> get the official 2.0.4 release directly from mozilla.org, and it comes
> in 32 and 64 bit versions (AFAICT).  You can also get mainline and
> beta sources from them, if you really want to build it yourself, but
> there's no need or that.
>
> I'm running Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686
> (x86_64); en-US; rv:1.9.1.9) Gecko/20100317 SeaMonkey/2.0.4 from the
> seamonkey-2.0.4.tar.bz2 I downloaded from mozilla.org.  Works fine on
> my Athlon II X4 system.

Yeah, I've been to mozilla.org a couple times today, but I have tried to
avoid installing from a tarball.  I'm paranoid enough about installing from
3rd party RPM repos.
> Caveat: I've had an issue with both Seamonkey and Firefox for a long
> time now because they both have a tendency to lose audio-video sync on
> flash videos after the browser has been running for a long period of
> time, usually a day or two.  I have a bugzilla report in to them, and
> it's not fixed yet in the latest releases of either one.

THANKS for that information.  That is an annoyance I've been putting up with
for a long time -- and I thought I was the only person having the problem.