[CentOS] installing

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sat May 29 00:39:51 UTC 2010

> yes a stupid question i no
> but
> can i install centos on only 10 gbdisc space
> without x and gnome and kde
> with the base package group etc

Yes.  Actually, a pretty complete install will easily fit in 10gig.  I
have X11 w/ gnome (although *I* don't use gnome myself), most of the
-devel stuff, xen, etc.  I have a 2 gig /, 1 gig /var, and 6 gig /usr --
total 9gig.  (I have a separate 6 gig /home, plus several other file
systems carved out of a LVM volumn group).