[CentOS] Upgrading to 2.6.32

Sat May 1 21:35:36 UTC 2010
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 1:56 PM,  <maillists0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's exactly what I was wondering about. That said, I'm willing to sort
> through it all if I can just find the right docs, but I'm just inexperienced
> enough that I don't know where to start looking.

If this is your first time doing anything like this, it's a poor place
to start.  Building custom kernels is relatively easy if you're just
adding a module or fixing a bug, but jumping 14 versions of the kernel
to a functionally distant future from the more-than-a-year-old base
for CentOS 5.4 is a big leap, especially if you've never done that
before.  You're asking to break the system.

Speaking from experience with experiments of this nature, I'd
recommend against it.

mhr