[CentOS] was, Resolving dependencies from the command-line, is ProCurve switch

Thu May 6 19:19:47 UTC 2010

> On 5/6/2010 1:55 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>> "Stuck"...  I'm working with a remote instance through terminal
>>> services into a VM running on Microsoft Hyper-V...  The mouse didn't
>>> work at all, but yum has that all fixed up now.
<snip>
>> mark wrote:
<snip>
>> Could be worse - I'm trying to get minicom to talk to an HP ProCurve
>> switch, and it just won't talk.
>
> Try this
>
> Bits per second: 115200 (or try 9600)
> Data bits: 8
> Parity: None
> Submit
> Stop bits: 1
> Flow control: None

Thanks - yeah, I saw that in the manual, and online, saw the 9600, did
that, no joy at all. Just sits there at a blank screen. Btw, about flow
control: h/w?s/w? Those are my two options in minicom.

Meanwhile, on the switch (ssh'ing in, but I need to get the serial port
working so I can get a newer version of the firmware there (what's there
is *ancient*), show console reports flow control as xon/xoff....

        mark