[CentOS] was, Resolving dependencies from the command-line, is ProCurve switch

Thu May 6 19:47:47 UTC 2010

> On 5/6/2010 3:19 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>
>>> Try this
>>>
>>> Bits per second: 115200 (or try 9600)
>>> Data bits: 8
>>> Parity: None
>>> Submit
>>> Stop bits: 1
>>> Flow control: None
>>>
>> Thanks - yeah, I saw that in the manual, and online, saw the 9600, did
>> that, no joy at all. Just sits there at a blank screen. Btw, about flow
>> control: h/w?s/w? Those are my two options in minicom.
>>
>> Meanwhile, on the switch (ssh'ing in, but I need to get the serial port
>> working so I can get a newer version of the firmware there (what's there
>> is *ancient*), show console reports flow control as xon/xoff....
>
> F - Hardware Flow Control : No
> G - Software Flow Control : No

*sigh* Oh, and add a linefeed, per the online (not in doc) instructions,
and still no joy, it just sits there. I do know, btw, that the cable's
good - it's a straight through - since another admin uses this cable from
this server to go to her L2 controller on the big (older) SGI cluster.

      mark