[CentOS] Resolv.conf being overwritten

Fri May 21 22:55:19 UTC 2010
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 09:39:29AM -0400, Todd Denniston wrote:

> Unfortunately trying to use dhclient.conf only leads to frustration.
> RH/Fedora chose in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth to make the dhcp client only read
> /etc/dhclient-eth#.conf and ifup-eth overwrites that file each time the interface is uped.

Hmm...if I'm reading my copy of ifup-eth correctly, it seems to override
dhclient.conf only if dhclient-${DEVICE}.conf already exists.  There's
even a comment in there about being able to use the dhclient.conf file
"(as documented in the man page!)" if the device-specific file is
nonexistent or empty.

I mostly use static IPs, so I don't use dhclient much.  :)

--keith

kkeller at speakeasy.net