[CentOS] OT - Any true bourne shells out there for linux?

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Tue Nov 9 15:05:01 UTC 2010

I've not looked at it in a few years, but I seem to recall that ash
was fairly close to the traditional Bourne syntax.

I don't know if it is helpful to your case, but if you have a
script that is bash-specific, it is a good idea to change the magic
line from
   # !/bin/sh
   # !/bin/bash
That way, if you're running it on non-Linux platforms it will either
work or give you a useful error message up front (in the case that
bash isn't installed).

Devin
--
Don't try to have the last word.  You might get it.
							- Robert Heinlein