[CentOS] Oracle charging for InnoDB support in MySQL : what is going to change for us?

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Wed Nov 10 14:38:32 UTC 2010

On 11/10/2010 9:28 AM, robert mena wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that Oracle is charging for the MySQL version that
> supports InnoDB (http://www.mysql.com/products/).  I could not find
> any other link with direct confirmation of what is going to change for
> the existing servers/versions and I was wondering if anybody has a
> more detailed info.
>
> For example, is RHEL (and CentOS) going to drop support for it?   Are
> we going to see any further updates for security issues?

I don't see anything on that site that says they are charging for
InnoDB.  Actually, on the detail page for the free MySQL Community
Edition, I see this:

The MySQL Community Edition includes:

    * Pluggable Storage Engine Architecture
    * Multiple Storage Engines: