[CentOS] RHEL 6 Officially Released

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Nov 10 20:03:08 UTC 2010

hi Guys,

On 11/10/2010 07:52 PM, Scott Silva wrote:
> Last time there was only one build queue, so if 5.6 and 6 come out at the same
> time, they will have to choose which one gets attention first. CentOS doesn't
> have the multi-million dollar infrastructure to support multiple simultaneous
> releases.

Just a quick note here - the centos buildsystem, as used for centos4 and
5 has 8 builder 'threads'. So there is a fairly good potential for rapid
builds.

Having said that, were not going to use those for centos6, we have a 6
node dedicated builder service that will get used for this.

Over the next few days I'll post details on how you guys can keep track
of whats going on. I'll also post some details on how everyone can get
involved and help.

Exciting times for sure :)

- KB