[CentOS] RHEL 6 Officially Released

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Thu Nov 11 15:13:16 UTC 2010

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Scott Robbins wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 02:57:58PM +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> When it comes, will I be able to upgrade by "sudo yum update"?
>>

> You can try.  :)

Having done several upgrades from CentOS 4 to CentOS 5, my recommendation
would be to not even try it. There is all kinds of ugliness left over that
has to be cleaned up; I did it in the end, but it took a lot longer than
doing a clean install.

Steve
Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt AT vgersoft DOT com
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www DOT vgersoft DOT com
39 Smugglers Path              VSW Support: support AT vgersoft DOT com
Ithaca, NY 14850
   "186,300 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"