[CentOS] Flash problems in newest upgrade?

Ron Blizzard rb4centos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 09:45:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 6:17 AM, Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com> wrote:
> Ron Blizzard wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I just upgraded to the newest kernel and Flash. Hulu now "grays
>> out" when I try to go to full screen. I tried uninstalling and
>> reinstalling the proprietary video drivers (no difference either way),
>> so I'm guessing it has something to do with either the new Flash or
>> the new kernel. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
>>
>> Thanks for any pointers.
>>

> Yeah - went back to an older flash version - redhat noted that this occured
> - another suggestion is to right click on the small screen before you go
> large screen and disable hardware acceleration. HTH

I went to my Trash folder and saw the other threads on this issue --
sorry to start a new one. (I don't really like the way GMail handles
"discussions.") And thanks for the possible fix (disabling hardware
acceleration). Is there estimated time for this Flash issue to be
solved (or is this low on the priority list?).

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.5