[CentOS] Memtest86+ running time

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Fri Nov 12 20:21:40 UTC 2010

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010, John R Pierce wrote:

> From: John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Memtest86+ running time
>
> On 11/12/10 10:46 AM, Keith Roberts wrote:
>>
>> I have a sneaking suspicion that it's the mismatched low and
>> high density memory modules that are the problem?
>
> that sounds quite likely.    some of those modules have two banks on the
> single module, and I seriously doubt a system is going to like a single
> bank and a dual bank module in a dual channel environment.
>
> I got in the habit a long time ago of *always* using
> matched memory modules.

I've learnt my lesson now John.

Well at least I won't mix hi and lo density modules again.

Here's the link for my Asrock m/b:

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/listparts.aspx?model=K7S8XE%20R3.0

It does not support dual channel memory.

I'll keep y'all posted on the outcome of this saga :)

Kind Regards,

KR