[CentOS] upgrading Centos-Xen when version 6 comes along

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Tue Nov 16 01:03:10 UTC 2010

On 11/15/2010 07:36 PM, Dave Stevens wrote:
> I am curious what is the best way to upgrade my dom0 and domUs to V.6
> (currently 5) when it releases. Any experience or docs on this?
>
> Dave

I know that there is discussion on getting dom0 support into Fedora 15,
with maybe 50/50 chance that it will happen. I suspect that will be the
focus for the near future. Xen dom0 support is going into the mainline
2.6.37 kernel, but there are still patches that are needed.

Once the bugs have been ironed out, I suspect that CentOS support will
follow soon after. There will be experimental kernels before then, but I
would not recommend them outside of test environments.

In short, stick to CentOS 5 in production for the foreseeable future.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com